I was trying to decide if that was the title I wanted to go with, or “So Many Things To Bitch About”, and I opted for the Polly Anna view, awww. How nice…. this being said, remember throughout your read, it could have gone either way…
1. My bicep muscle seems to have moved back to where it belongs…yeay, no fishing for said muscle…(ie. nice wording for another surgery by said Dr!) I hope!!
2. My pain meds. seem to be needed less, Thank God as I can see the bottom of the bottle…might have to call Dr. for a refill as my husband (the Drug dispenser) is getting cheaper and cheaper with the meds, waiting 6-8 hrs. between dosages and a little begging to prove I’m really in pain and deserve them…
3. The day has come for my shower, YAY! I’m contemplating trying it myself…deciding if the joy of being alone outweighs the danger of taking it alone…hmmm….I am kind of sick of being hovered over & don’t want to be washed like a baby…I think I can DO IT!
4. Are the actual actions involved in the shower as easy as I think????
5. Recovery is coming along well….
6. Have received many notes and loving phone calls wishing me a quick recovery
7. Good friends have been over to keep me company, take care of me, offers to drive me food shopping, etc.
8. My wonderful sons have visited with flowers and hugs!
9. I received my first Edible Arrangement! How pretty & delicious!
10. All in all things are looking up!
11. Next Dr. Post op visit on the 7th, can’t wait…maybe he’ll realize this wonderful smart sling is made for generically “everyone” be that more a larger average person, I happen to fall on the much smaller side of the scale, being so petite, and I just don’t feel comfortable in it…I wonder if that is why my bicep was pushed into the wrong place? The big pillow just feels too big and feels like it’s pulling me too much, what would be right for a big guy who is 6’2” 250 couldn’t be right for me with the frame of 5’1′ 110, could it? Just thinkin’, it’s what I do…so we’ll find out soon enough, not soon enough for me…
So those are my trials and tribulations, but am doing better!
Maybe the Doctor will say I am ready for my physical therapy…don’t think so…when we left the day of the operation he said 6 weeks to recuperate. So I’ll hang tough…cause it’s what I do, oh so well. ha,ha!
(c) Written by Evie Garone 2/2011