What is friendship to you? There are so many answers and none are necessarily right.
Whatever works for you and your friends if it isn’t hurtful is the answer but I just have a few thoughts on that.
I woke up this morning to a very pleasant message from my friend on FaceBook to start my day off happily, to me that is friendship. To realize that my friend was thinking of me and took the time to write a little hello, Happy Birthday and have a nice trip, blah, blah blah was just so sincerely kind, I thought to myself “what a good friend”.
Here’s a list of some qualities of Friendship:
1. To be there to listen when they are having hard times is a friend.
2. To wish them well in their endeavors and be willing to help in any way is a friend.
3. To make time to see each other is a friend.
4. To see the positive in each other and ignore each others foibles, is a friend.
5. To be willing to give advice at our own peril is a friend.
6. To be willing to share in each other’s joy and success is a friend.
7. To be trustworthy and credible is a friend.
8. To be willing to listen is a friend.
9. To know when to keep silent is a friend.
10. To be dependable, honest and sincere is a friend.
What do you think?
(C) Evelyn Garone 5.24.13