What is friendship to you? There are so many answers and none are necessarily right.
Whatever works for you and your friends if it isn’t hurtful is the answer but I just have a few thoughts on that.
I woke up this morning to a very pleasant message from my friend on FaceBook to start my day off happily, to me that is friendship. To realize that my friend was thinking of me and took the time to write a little hello, Happy Birthday and have a nice trip, blah, blah blah was just so sincerely kind, I thought to myself “what a good friend”.
Here’s a list of some qualities of Friendship:
1. To be there to listen when they are having hard times is a friend.
2. To wish them well in their endeavors and be willing to help in any way is a friend.
3. To make time to see each other is a friend.
4. To see the positive in each other and ignore each others foibles, is a friend.
5. To be willing to give advice at our own peril is a friend.
6. To be willing to share in each other’s joy and success is a friend.
7. To be trustworthy and credible is a friend.
8. To be willing to listen is a friend.
9. To know when to keep silent is a friend.
10. To be dependable, honest and sincere is a friend.
What do you think?
(C) Evelyn Garone 5.24.13
Great tips to keep a relationship going. It is hard to have true friendships that you can count on. But the ones that are always there for you are the friends we should cherish. Great post 🙂
So true……if you can count on your one hand your true friends you are blessed! Thank you for reading and commenting. I found when I was sick who my true friends were….it’s funny that during our moments of greatest peril people will either stand tall or disappear! And it is up to us to move on and remember who was true!
That is so true. It’s sad that only the true friends come out in our weakest points while the fake friends flee to higher grounds. I touched on this in my blog recently about how friendships are like revolving doors.
I’ve equated friends with kissing a lot of frogs to find real ones. I have no problem, being a cancer survivor, dumping supposed friends like changing clothes. I will not put up with any falseness and duality in my life since “the episode”, for life is too short to deal with BS! PS…I’ll check out your blog!
It is great to hear your perspective and even more amazing to hear you survived cancer. You are a true warrior. I hope you enjoy your Cup of Joe.
Pingback: Friendship Purgatory… | R.B.Bailey Jr's Space
Thanks for the pingback……Evie