I was listening to the radio today….to News Talk Radio and I was surprised to hear one of the talk jocks use the saying, and more than once “I could care less”. I believe the saying is “I couldn’t care less”…..I don’t believe these sayings are interchangeable and mean the same thing, I believe the saying has been bastardized and just grates on my nerves. The whole point is that you don’t care! I’m not trying to be a bitch, I make many faux pas, God knows none of us is perfect, it’s just that speaking is his job and though supposedly the new expression is “accepted” it drives me crazy.
This got me to thinking of pet peeves people have….here is a list of the most annoying things I could think of:
1. People using the word literally when they don’t mean really mean “literally”. It’s one of the most overused words today.
2. People talking on cell phones loudly in public places, people talking on their cell phone when they are with you, people talking on cell phones on store lines, etc. — Just plain rude cell phone usage.
3. People trying to get on elevators, subways, etc. before people get off.
4. People driving around the world with their blinker on!
5. People who cut you off then drive slowly when there was no one behind you for miles.
6. Mouth breathers
7. Loud chewers or open-mouth eaters
8. People who use their, there and they’re interchangeably and incorrectly
9. Fake commenters on blogs
10. The necessity of the “public” to be constantly over-stimulated — using earbuds everywhere all the time to “tune” out, even when with other people, or out in nature
© Evelyn Garone 6.18.13